Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Maternity leave.... the fastest 5 weeks,ever

Weston was born on Sun Nov 29th.

So my maternity leave started Mon Nov 30th. 6 weeks of hanging with my baby. Holding him, snuggling him. I couldn't wait.

We got home Tues Dec 1st.

We went back for a weight check at the breast feeding clinic Wed morn. He had gained back a little so they were happy with his progress.

Fri Dec 4th we went to the mall and got the boys' pictures taken with Santa. Branden was so excited. He had been asking everytime we walked by him in the mall, but we told him he had to wait till the baby got here. Santa asked him what he wanted and he pointed at the basket of candy canes. Then santa said you don't want toys. From then on out if anyone asked Branden what he wanted for christmas he would say toys.

Saturday Dec 5th night Wayne invited his friends out to hang and meet the baby. It was nice and relaxing. The guys hung outside and the girls sat and relaxed, while the kids ran back and forth from the shop to the house.

Wed Dec 9th. Was our Weston's 1 week check up. He was doing great. Still not back up to his birth weight, which they want by day 10. so they sent us home and told us to come back on mon. We talked about his crankiness and dr thought it might be due to reflux. So I am keeping my eye out for signs.

Fri Dec 11th was my first time leaving my baby. :( It made me sad, but I needed sales for Dec to keep my Tastefully simple business going. I pumped enough to be gone for just a couple hours. So I went and had fun while Wayne watched him but I was ready to head home and love on him. I get home and Wayne said he slept almost the whole time. Which was not what I had been dealing with during the days. I is a super cranky baby.

Sat Dec 12th we went to Wayne's friends get together in the evening. It was fun and we stayed longer than we planned on, but the kids were both doing good for it worked out. Weston started to get hungry so we hurried and left before he got too mad. I fed him in the car and then we went a block over to visit with Sarah. We are waiting for her baby to come see meet my baby.

Mon Dec 14th came and I was sick and didn't want to take him to the dr and get everyone else sick. So I cancelled the appt and rescheduled for the next morn. I also cancelled our family pictures we had scheduled for that night in KC. Kendra came out to the house to babysit and mommy sit. I slept on the couch feeling like crap and she took care of the cranky baby.

Tue Dec 15th we went back into the dr and Weston still wasn't back to his birth weight but he was gaining at least a half an ounce a day. And the dr was happy with that.

Then we went to the breast feeding clinic to see how much he was getting at a feeding. He got 2 ounces. Then we headed down the hall to visit Sarah who had been there all night waiting to give birth to her baby girl. After several hours of hanging out and being glad it was her this time and not me Cayleigh finally arrived. Weston's girl friend was born. So now not only will they get married :) but he can say he has been there for her since birth. She is such a doll baby.

Wed Dec 16th I kept Branden home from daycare cause he had a parents as teacher appt around lunch time. Wow what a morning. Weston was fussy as usual. He threw up on me. Branden peed his pants twice. UGGGGHHH I was going crazy and still trying to clean up before Vicki arrived. Tina, our neighbor came over and helped out. She entertained Branden for awhile and then held Weston while I finished up some stuff. That was very nice of her. My eye started to feel irritated and it was a little swollen. Great. We had a picture appt scheduled for Thurs night and by Thurs afternoon my eye looked aweful. So again I cancelled our appt. At this rate I may never get our christmas cards done.

Thur Dec 17th I went to the dr about my eye. It was so sore and I just wanted it to stop hurting. They gave me an antibiotic drop. I took the prescription to walgreens and when i went back to get it they said they were out of it. so i had to wait for it to get ready at another location. so i finally got drops in it that night.

Fri Dec 18th our work didn't have a christmas party this year for the employees but had a lunch at work catered in. I took Weston over to Kendra's to watch while I went to the lunch. I didn't think Ed would like me to bring the fussy butt. The lunch was on the showroom floor. It was so bright in there that with my eye problem I couldn't look up hardly to see him. My eye leaked and leaked thru the whole lunch. It was SOOOO red, swollen and looking like Wayne hit me. The drops at that point seemed to be making it worse.

Sat Dec 19th It was Wayne's Saturday to work. I am glad it isn't every weekend. So I got me and the boys ready so when he got home we could head to his brothers for the Partridge family christmas. MIchelle always does a great job cooking and hosting. She made yummy soup and finger foods. It was just what I needed. Branden loved playing with John, Madison and his uncle Chris and everyone else too. The kids were getting impatient so we finally let them open there presents. Branden got to open Weston's presents. Then we headed out to go see Marcia and crash her christmas get together. Her family has always been like family to me and they love when I stop by. :) So they all got to meet Weston too.

Christmas eve the weather was nasty out and the get together for my moms side of the family got moved from her place to grandpa's so he didn't have to get out and fight the snow. So it was like the OLD days when we crammed into the house and the kids got to open the presents. Our boys are too spoiled. We got family time, good food and didn't stay too long cause the weather wasn't getting too much better. Becky didn't make it back. :( Becky was supposed to bring cookies to leave out for santa so we had to improvise and leave him milk and graham crackers. Branden was so excited for him to come down his fireplace and leave presents and take the picture he made him.

Christmas morning Kendra, Dan, mom and dad decided to stay home and not fight the roads. Which was ok. Branden came in the living room and was shocked and so happy that santa ate his crackers and drank his milk. And left him presents. He got a train and camera from him. Santa must have known that Branden was a great picture taker. Good thing is holds so many pics. He walked around all day taking pics. It was a little hard for him to figure out the picture taking button was on the front. He kept taking pictures of his face cause he just didn't get it. Too cute. We still had our family christmas. Breakfast burritos, presents, wii and a nice family day. We didn't get out and even try to make it to Uncle Jays for our exchange, but I don't think anyone else made it up there either. The people that went the night before were snowed in there and couldn't leave.

Sat Dec 26th the snow was sooo deep and there were drifts everywhere. Branden and Wayne went out and had a little fun in the snow. It was funny to watch. They jumped into piles and made snow angels. We actually got out in the nasty weather and went to town. I was tired of sitting around the house. We stopped at the Morrisseys on the way home and the kids played, while we relaxed a bit. I decided to try giving Weston a formula bottle to make sure he got a certain amount and see if the formula would make him not want to eat so much. Cause I feel like he eats NON stop.

Tues Dec 29th the month has flown by. Weston's fussiness is way more than I think it should be. I'm sure every mom feels that way. He hadn't pooped in several days which normally wouldn't worry me except since we started him on formula every couple feedings I thought that might be the problem. I called the dr. They said wait and if he doesn't go by tomorrow give him a suppository. NOT something I wanted to do. I bought some at the store just in case. But by that night he just seemed so miserable that I gave him 1/2 like they recommended and nothing.

Wed Dec 30th still nothing. By late morning I gave the other half and again nothing. I called the dr cause I was worried. They had me come back in. The dr saw him and he wasn't worried that he hadn't pooped and gave me some suggestions to settle him down and again talked about reflux. Said call him back in a week if still fussy. If no poop in 3 days Weston would get an enima. I went to work for a while and he finally pooped. Right as I changed the one diaper he went more. Then he would go once a day for the next couple days.

New Years eve Wayne and I were gonna have a date night. Dinner and a movie with NO kids. Mom and dad kept them. The movies were packed. The cars were backed up like I'd never seen, but we got a good parking spot and tried to go and the movie was sold out. So we skipped a movie and headed to dinner. Red Lobster. yum. WRONG. good parking spot, but it was an hour wait. I was hungry and didn't want to wait. We left and drove around. Drivers were stupid and the night was early. Everywhere was packed. We went to Ihop, went and got the boys then to visit Dee and then headed home.

One more week before I head back to work. That went by way too fast. I am not looking forward to that.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you forgot to mention that on christmas day we had a family conference call so we all got to talk to each other instead of be together on christmas day. Becky n JR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, You really got us all caught up on the Partridge Family happenings. You do such a great job. I am going to have to come see Weston before too long. I bet he is growing.

    ReplyDelete