Monday, January 4, 2010

WESTON WILLIAM PARTRIDGE








Saturday Nov 21st
I had been having contractions all night. They were 5-7 minutes apart. The dr said if they get that close to go in since we had a further drive. And it just made me nervous that we wouldn't make it in time due to the drive. So I drug Wayne to the hospital. He parents were here to watch Branden so that worked out good for us. The hospital kept me for several hours and there was no progress ( I was still dialated to a 3 since my appt the day before) and they sent me home. Then I decided I wouldn't go back in till my water broke.
Thursday Nov 26th THANKSGIVING NIGHT

Ok, so I changed my mind and decided to make another trip back in. I text my sister Becky to see if I could drop Branden off at my parents for her to watch. My contractions were 4-5 minutes apart. We dropped Branden and hurried to the hospital. They checked me and I was STILL at a 3. They decided to have me walk for an hour. I have seen mothers walk those halls before. I NEVER thought it would be me. IT SUCKED!!!! I flaked out a tad under an hour. My feet were killin'. I had taken my flip flops off cause the squeak was driving me crazy(yes, flip flops in Nov, if you know me that shouldn't be a shock. :) and if you don't know me FLOPS are the best.) So my feet were not liking the floor. I went back to my triage room and they checked me. I was waiting for them to tell me I had progressed and they were going to admit me. WRONG!! They sent me home. I was so disappointed. I was uncomfortable and ready to hold my baby. Now I really was not going back till my water broke.
SUN Nov 29th 2009
Starting about 2 or 3 am. I started having contractions that actually HURT. I had been having contractions for about a week or so and thought they hurt but I was wrong. It was more of an uncomfortable feeling. But I didn't know that till the real deal came along. I got luck with Branden and never had to experience them so it was hard to know what I was waiting for. Well we stayed home all day and watched tv. I napped several times to make the pain go away. And it worked. I had gone to the bathroom and 100 times thru the afternoon. I was so uncomfortable going. I felt like I was backed up. (I'm sure, you need no more details :)) so I kept going back cause it took away some of the pressures I was having. At 5pm I called and talked to the triage nurse and I decided not to go in yet, since the contractions weren't getting any closer. I called Tasha and was talking to her when I had one come on. I got off the phone so fast cause it was awful. It was about 5:30 when I came out of the bathroom crying cause the contractions were unbarable. Wayne asked if I wanted him to change so we could go to the hospital. I said YES!!! The contractions were still 10 minutes apart. I didn't care how far apart they were or that my water had not broke yet, I thought I was gonna die. We changed, got Branden ready and headed out. I called Tasha back and told her we were leaving. She said let me know when you get there. Well, Wayne decided he needed a drink on the way there so he stopped at John's grocery store and got us drinks. We got to my mom and dads to drop Branden off at 6:15. As we turned on 10th St I let Tasha know where we were and she was headed our way. 10th street was the worst. After every bump we hit I would yell at Wayne to slow down, even though he was going the speed limit. Wayne dropped me at the door so he could park. I got checked in at 6:36. The triage nurse checked me and I was at an 8. Yeah, you hear right. an 8. As she said that I heard Tasha from the other side of the curtain. I was so glad she made it. From then on it all went so fast. The nurse got my iv in and they were gonna move me to my delivery room. They rolled me down the hall to my room. The nurse kept trying to get me to move to the bed in the room. I kept telling her there was no way I was moving. I kept telling them I had to push. She said go ahead. So I pushed once and my water broke. Barely on the bed and I pushed again here came the shoulders, Tasha turned to get the camera and BAM he was out. WOW that was the worst pain ever. NO epidural even though the nurse kept promising me I could have it. 30 min from check in and my baby was here. Thankgoodness we left when we did or Wayne would have been delivering on the side of the road. So I called my parents and told him Weston was here and dad thought I was kidding. I sent a text out and we made all the calls we could think of. Branden came up and visited his baby brother. He LOVED him. It was HIS baby. He stayed and visited for just a little while and then went and stayed with grandma and papa for the night.

That night and the next day we had lots of visitors, lots of paperwork and one cute baby. Wayne did not stay either night with me which was fine even though I give him a hard time about it.

Tues Dec 1st we were able to go home at noon. We made a couple stops on the way there. We stopped to see my grandma Workman since we knew she wouldn't make it out to see us. Then up to show him off at work. Then we went and got Branden from daycare. We finally made it home right before 5. We just walked in and Brice and Tisha got there to meet Weston. So they visited for awhile and then we had the evening to ourself.

Wayne's family came to visit and meet baby Weston that weekend. Michelle brought and made lots of yummy foods for us. Much needed and very appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment